Opening up - how much do you do it? With whom? Across what domains?


These never bothered me much, earlier. It was always a natural thing I did - with people I was comfortable with. Now there's a re-think, at least for the last leg of the question.

I hit the target. I go direct to the point. No civilties. Apparently, that's not such a good idea. People, though in professional interaction, prefer a personal touch. Am I willing to wait? Am I willing to beat around the bush?

I guess I don't need to go to this extreme. What I believe is more important, is that I get more perceptive - about what people want my behaviour with them to be like. And if that does no harm to me, I can think of moulding myself... I can think of bending a little...

Writing this post was no fun at all - coz the need arose from outside, not from within. There are many more inspirations from inside... and I've now stopped waiting for someone outside...

Comments

Popular Posts