One... that's what it was, always.

How important it is for a person to have someone with whom you can just ‘be’. How important to have someone you can share your small joys, sorrows and thoughts with. How important to have someone who understands you, and who you understand, without a word being spoken.

You know what? I’m tired of relationships. Because with relationships come expectations to be understood. And when you find no one who understands you in the sense you do, suffocation more severe than what one had when one was alone, results.

Expect not, and thou shall not be disappointed.

So terse... so potent... so effective. And so difficult.

And when I again reach this point of realization, I remember what Someone has always said regarding company – choose your company well, because your company in large measure influences your thoughts.

My thoughts have changed. Yes, in many cases, for the better. I have learnt from my companions. But what I feared for a long time in the last couple of years has finally resulted. I won’t disclose what it is because it is something I find really disturbing while the world cares a tuppence. So be it. I know what I have to do.

I realize my journey is one-way. And it is lonely. But I’m not alone.

The main road beckons me again... and I return from the lanes... with loving memories.

Comments

Popular Posts